Articles can be assigned tags, used as another way of categorising content. Tags can be managed at Self-Service -> Tags, but also can be created when adding or updating articles.
Searching for Tags
When managing a number of tags, it's possible to search and filter the results shown in the table.
By default the table is sorted alphabetically by the tag name. Once the table has loaded you're able to change the sort column by clicking the up/down arrows:
- Down arrow: descending order
- Up arrow: ascending order
Filtering the Table
It's possible to filter categories based on their name and visibility:
- Visit Self-Service -> Tags and click "Filter Results".
- Name - It is possible to search for partial names. For example, you could find "Releases" by searching for "rel" or "ses".
- The table will be filtered automatically as you enter search terms.
Creating or Updating a Tag
- Visit Self-Service -> Tags. If you're creating a new tag click "Add Tag", or if you're updating an existing tag, find the tag and click the edit (pencil) icon on the right side of the table row.
Complete the form fields:
- Name - The name identifies the tag and will be shown to both operators and your users.
- Slug - The slug is the URL-friendly version of the name, it will initially be the name converted to lowercase and hyphens only. Click the pencil to edit the slug, it must be unique.
- Click "Submit" to save.
Deleting a Tag
To delete a tag, follow the below steps:
- Visit Self-Service -> Tags.
- Find the tag you would like to delete in the table (see Searching for Tags).
- Click the delete icon located on the right of the table.
- Click on the left button, "Yes, Delete Tag", that pops up confirming you would like to delete this tag and it will now be deleted.