To prevent spam from entering the help desk, you can create spam rules which will prevent a user from being able to perform specific actions if their message contains a specific phrase which you would like to filter out.
Searching for Spam Rules
By default the table is sorted alphabetically by text. Once the table has loaded you're able to change the sort column by clicking the up/down arrows:
- Down arrow: descending order
- Up arrow: ascending order
This action is only temporary and will disappear once the page has been reloaded.
Filtering the table
It's possible to filter Spam Rules based on their containing text and type:
- Visit Settings -> Core -> Spam Rules and click "Filter Results".
- Search terms:
- Text - Partial search for the blocked spam text, for example "spa" would find "spam".
- Type - Whether the spam rule applies to content, sender or both.
- The table will be filtered automatically as you enter search terms.
Creating or Updating a Spam Rule
To create a new spam rule, or update an existing rule, please follow the following steps.
- Visit Settings -> Core -> Spam Rules. If you're creating a new ban click "Add Spam Rule", or if you're updating an existing rule, search for it and click the edit (pencil) icon on the right side of the table row.
- Complete the input fields:
- Event - Control which events the spam rule applies to.
- Containing Text - The text you would like to block. If you're blocking based on sender, this could be an e-mail address. Alternatively, if you're blocking based on content it can be a string. The rule also allows you to use regular expressions giving you more flexibility over what to block, for example using wildcards.
- Type - Whether the spam rule applies to sender address, message content or both.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Deleting a Spam Rule
To delete a spam rule, follow the below steps:
- Visit Settings -> Core -> Spam Rules.
- Search for the spam rule you wish to delete (see Searching for Spam Rules).
- Click the delete (cross) icon located on the right of the table.
- Click on the left button, "Yes, Delete Spam Rule", that pops up confirming you would like to delete this spam rule and it will now be deleted.