Feedback forms are a way of collecting insightful and useful feedback from users on your articles. Different forms can be configured for different groups of articles based on a flexible conditions system.
Setting Feedback Form Priority
Feedback forms are processed in order of priority (from first to last), this can be changed by dragging and dropping rows on the grid to the order you prefer.
Feedback Form Field Types
There are 11 available types for fields in the feedback form:
- Boolean - Yes and no radio options.
- Checkbox - A single checkbox.
- Checklist - A list of options with a checkbox for each.
- Date - A date picker.
- Multiple options - A multiple select box, allowing the choice of multiple items at once.
- Options - A dropdown box.
- Password - A password field, useful for sensitive information.
- Radio - A list of radio options, only one can be selected.
- Rating (1 to 5) - A list of options, where the user can rate each one between 1 and 5.
- Text - A normal text input field.
- Textarea - A larger field allowing more text to be written.
Searching for Feedback Forms
Filtering the table
It's possible to filter feedback forms based on their name and description:
- Visit Settings -> Self-Service -> Feedback Forms and click "Filter Results".
- Name - It is possible to search for partial names. For example, you could find "Support Articles" by searching for "supp" or "rtic".
- Description - The feedback form description.
- The table will be filtered automatically as you enter search terms.
Creating or Updating a Feedback Form
To create a new feedback form, or update an existing feedback form, please follow the following steps.
- Visit Settings -> Self-Service -> Feedback Forms. If you're creating a new feedback form click "Add", or if you're updating an existing feedback form, find the field and click the edit (pencil) icon on the right side of the table row.
- Complete the input fields:
- Name - The name of the feedback form.
- Description - A description of the feedback form.
- Form Conditions - Used to limit the scope of the search criteria.
- Condition Groups - Condition groups are sets of search criteria. They can be combined using the adjacent drop-down menu using "All groups can be true" or "Any group can be true". A simple example of this roughly translated to English might be: "The article type must be Knowledgebase" (group 1) OR "The article type must be Documentation and article brand is Acme Software" (group 2). This would match articles that are either in the Knowledgbase type, or Documentation type only if they are in the Acme Software brand.
- Conditions - Conditions belong to condition groups and define the search criteria. You can select the condition item (for example "Article Type"), followed by the condition operator (for example "Is"), followed by the condition value (for example "Knowledgebase").
- Form Fields - Define questions for a survey that is asked after the user initially selects if they are satisfied or dissatisfied with the support received.
For example, you may wish to ask the user to rate the article on a number of options:
- Click "Add Field".
- Select "Rating (1 to 5)" from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Type in the main question, such as "Please rate the article on the following from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest)."
- Click "Add Option" and type in an item, such as "It helped me solve my problem".
- Repeat for all remaining options.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Deleting a Feedback Form
Deleting a feedback form is an irreversible action. When deleting a feedback form, any feedback received under the form will also be deleted.
To delete a feedback form, follow the below steps:
- Visit Settings -> Self-Service -> Feedback Forms.
- Search for the form you wish to delete (see Searching for Feedback Forms).
- Click the delete (cross) icon located on the right of the table.
- Check all checkboxes shown, ensuring you understand that all this related data will be removed along with the form.
- Click on the button, "Yes, Delete Feedback Form", that pops up confirming you would like to delete this form and it will now be deleted.