Third-Party Integrations: Facebook
Allow users to log in and sign up with their Facebook account, an option available under our Social Login integrations.
To use Facebook Login, you must:
- Have a Facebook account.
- Enabled SSL on your help desk.
Activate or Deactivate Integration
The Facebook integration is disabled by default and needs to be activated before use.
- Visit Settings -> General -> Third-Party Integration.
- Find the Facebook integration and click the "Activate" link located on the left of the table.
- The page will reload confirming the integration has been activated.
The integration can be deactivated by following the above process, but using the "Deactivate" link instead.
To set up Facebook, you will need to create a Facebook application, follow the steps below.
- Login to Facebook.
- Visit the applications page on the Facebook developers website - https://developers.facebook.com/apps - and click the "Add a New App" button. If you already have an application set up for the Facebook Channel, you can utilise it for this and skip ahead to step 4.
Type in a name for the application, the name is not important, and click the "Create New Facebook App ID" button.
The screen will load with your new app. Click the "Set Up" button on the Facebook Login product.
Select the "Web" option from the list of platforms shown.
Enter your help desk URL for the site URL, and click "Save". The other sections in the quickstart and not necessary and can be skipped.
Click "Settings" in the sidebar under the "Facebook Login".
Under the "Valid OAuth Redirect URIs" section, it must be set to the value shown in the SupportPal interface. In our example, this is "https://demo.supportpal.com/oauth/facebook/callback".
Click "App Review" and toggle the option to make the application public, follow the steps shown.
We now need the App Secret to complete the set up. Click "Settings" in the sidebar and then "Basic". Click "Show" in the App Secret box.
Please ensure the application shows as status "Live", or users won't be able to login using it.
Click on "Settings" under Facebook on the third-party integrations page, and enter the app ID and app secret. Click "Save".
Enabling Facebook Social Login
To enable the Facebook login option for your users, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings -> Users -> Social Login, and click "Manage" on the right of the Facebook box. If the option is not there, please ensure you have completed the above set up of the integration correctly.
- Press the toggle to enable the social login. If you have multiple brands, you will have the option to enable or disable for each brand.
- Press "Submit".
It should now be successfully configured, we recommend to try the login as a test user to verify it works.
Can't Load URL
Please ensure you've entered the correct URL in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs and App Domains as mentioned in steps 8 and 9. If your help desk has many brands or operates over a variety of domains/subdomains, all of these will need to be entered in the relevant sections.
Insecure Login Blocked
New Facebook applications created after March 2018 must redirect to a secure page, and this will become the case for all applications from March 2019. Please ensure you have enabled SSL in your help desk and set the HTTPS version of your URL in the Facebook settings.
App Not Set Up
Please ensure the application is published and showing as live. If it is still in development mode, other Facebook users will not be able to log in with it.