Settings for the authenticated operator only. Access by hovering over the user icon in the top right of the screen and clicking "Personal Settings" in the dropdown that appears.
|Your first name.
|Your last name.
|Your email address. This email will receive notifications depending on your settings and may be required if you need to reset your password in the future.
|Your timezone. Will convert all the times in the system so they are in your timezone.
|You can upload an avatar which is used throughout the system, it will search for a gravatar on your email address if no avatar is uploaded.
|The template viewed when using the operator panel.
|If the operator panel should be shown in light mode or dark mode.
|Results Per Page
|The number of records that are shown in grids per page, a lower value will generally lead to better performance in loading the results.
|Ticket Reply Order
|While you have the operator panel open, it will poll for new tickets, replies and other operators logging in. These events can be shown as notifications, the following options are available:
- System Default - The value set in the General Settings.
- Ascending - Latest message is last.
- Descending - Latest message is first.
|Default Ticket Filter
|The ticket filter that is used when clicking the 'Manage Tickets' link. The default value 'None' will show all non-resolved tickets.
|Default Reply Options
|Lets you set what reply options should be set by default when replying to a ticket. The 'Send email to operator(s)' option is dependent on the 'Notify Operators' setting in each department. These options are not used when writing ticket notes.
|The events on which the system should email you notifications. The following options are available:
- Tickets - Note that any tickets you watch will send you an email on notifications regardless of this option.
- Failed Operator Logins
- New Comments
- Operator Message
|While you have the operator panel open, it will poll for new tickets, replies, private messages and other operators logging in. These events can be shown as notifications, the following options are available:
- Browser Notifications - In-browser notification.
- Desktop Notifications - Notifications can be seen even if the window in minimised, requires enabling desktop notifications for the URL.
- None - No notifications at all, will disable polling.