|Release Date||23rd April 2020|
|Release Type||Stable - Major|
Please read Upgrading to 3.0 from 2.6 for important changes in this release.
- New interface - The frontend and operator templates have been fully redesigned, with improved functionality and mobile support. A dark mode option is now available to set the interface to dark colours which reduces the light emitted by your device.
- 2FA for users, force for all - Users can now set up two-factor authentication (2FA) on their accounts for added security. 2FA can now also be enforced for all operators and/or users, so they must have it on their account to complete a login.
- Article feedback - The article feedback system has been redesigned so you can collect additional feedback when a user rates an article. It's now possible to set up a feedback form, in the same way you can for a ticket.
- Auto-response detection - Incoming emails that are automatic responses will now be detected, and any emails being sent back to the user will be stopped, helping to reduce the chance of email loops occurring.
- Ticket print view - A dedicated print view has been made available for tickets in the operator panel, accessible from the actions menu. Other pages, including the entire frontend, have been made more printer friendly also.
- FontAwesome icons for self-service types - Any regular FontAwesome icon can now be selected for self-service types to display on the frontend dashboard.
- LDAP accounts dual login disabled - LDAP linked operator accounts are now restricted to authentication via the LDAP service. If you need to login via both your help desk email / password and also the LDAP service then we've added a backwards compatible configuration option.
- New SAML functionality - It's now possible to handle key rollover for both the SupportPal service provider and also the IdP. For more information please see the updated configuration options.
This release includes a new frontend and operator panel template, therefore every file in the template has changed and we are unable to provide a file comparison since the last release.
We've switched to brand new resources repositories, where the components have been split out to their own repository:
The old resources repository has now been retired and should no longer be used.
|Improvement||DEV-2331||Added command to set up skeleton plugin.|
|Improvement||DEV-2339||Added keyboard shortcuts for all editor formatting options.|
|Improvement||DEV-2356||Added FontAwesome icons for self-service types on the dashboard.|
|Improvement||DEV-2364||Improved accessibility of easily seeing what status and priority a ticket has on the ticket grid.|
|Improvement||DEV-2373||Updated jQuery library to 3.5.0.|
|Bug||DEV-2336||Fixed issue with adding block elements in editor.|
|Bug||DEV-2340||Fixed JS error when attempting to link tickets in ticket view.|
|Bug||DEV-2341||Fixed user and operator group members not loading.|
|Bug||DEV-2345||Fixed editor modal CSS.|
|Bug||DEV-2347||Fixed operator viewing corner arrow not being visible on a read ticket in dark mode.|
|Bug||DEV-2348||Fixed editor modal options no longer working.|
|Bug||DEV-2349||Fixed reports showing error when data hasn't been cast properly.|
|Bug||DEV-2351||Fixed copy message link generating wrong URL.|
|Bug||DEV-2353||Fixed split ticket checkbox not hidden on tickets with one message only.|
|Bug||DEV-2354||Fixed header spacing in articles.|
|Bug||DEV-2355||Fixed forwards being counted as notes on the ticket grid.|
|Bug||DEV-2357||Fixed PHP error shown when specifying invalid social login provider.|
|Bug||DEV-2360||Fixed Facebook integration when using Graph API 6.0.|
|Bug||DEV-2361||Fixed self-service slugs being encoded when shown in the interface.|
|Bug||DEV-2363||Fixed article share by email link sometimes putting body content in subject.|
|Bug||DEV-2367||Fixed JS error when clicking on a browser notification.|
|Bug||DEV-2368||Fixed new message notifications not showing when you're assigned to the ticket.|
|Bug||DEV-2374||Fixed display issue with the system requirements.|
|Bug||DEV-2377||Reduced amount of data stored in assign/unassign dropdown on ticket grid.|
|Bug||DEV-2380||Fixed JS issue when trying to create and save a help widget configuration.|