Upgrading your help desk hopes to be a painless experience. The upgrade guide has been split into two parts:
- Upgrading between minor or patch versions. For example, 3.0.0 to 3.1.0 or 3.0.0 to 3.0.1.
- Upgrading between major versions. For example, 3.0.0 to 4.0.0.
A license with a valid support and updates subscription is required to download the latest version of the software. Owned licenses include 6 months from date of purchase and monthly licenses include lifetime support and updates.
If your license does not have a valid support & upgrades subscription and you attempt to install a product version released after your subscription expired, you will be unable to proceed with the upgrade process.
Support and Updates Expired Notices
Our downloads area (client area login required) will show you a message if your support and updates may have expired. If you see the below notice, this means you will need to renew your support and updates to download the latest version, unless it was released after your support and updates expired.
If you see the below notice, you may have multiple licenses in your account and we could not automatically determine if a given license is valid or not. We would ask that you verify the specific installation you're upgrading has active support and updates before attempting the upgrade.
Upgrading your help desk between minor (or patch) versions is as simple as replacing the files and following our upgrader. Please follow the following steps:
- Take a backup of your database and existing installation files.
- Download the latest version of SupportPal from our downloads area (client area login required).
- Upload the downloaded zip file to the SupportPal directory on the server and unzip the contents, overwriting existing files.
The upgrader can be ran in the web browser (user friendly) or command line (advanced, but better for larger installs).
- To run in the web browser, start the upgrade process by visiting the operator panel.
To run in the command line, load a shell and change the current working directory to where the SupportPal files were uploaded (e.g.
cd /var/www/html/support). Then run the following command:
To run the command non-interactively, view the help screen for the command for additional options to add when running the command:
php artisan app:upgrade
php artisan help app:upgrade
- Follow the instructions provided by the upgrader.
- Make sure all file permissions are correct and the same as before.
- Remember to clear your cache or do a hard refresh (Ctrl + R on Windows) when accessing the operator panel after completing the upgrade.
- If you've modified any template or language files, please ensure to check over the resource changes in the release notes and update your resources accordingly. More details on making this an easier process with version control can be found in our Templates guide.
- Enjoy the latest version.
Upgrading your help desk to a major version, involves the same procedure as documented above.
We recommend to read the below pages before attempting the upgrade as they document breaking changes that may affect your application: