Upgrading your help desk hopes to be a painless experience. The upgrade guide has been split into two parts:
- Upgrading between minor versions. For example, 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.
- Upgrading between major versions. For example, 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 or 1.3.3 to 2.0.0.
A license with a valid support & upgrades subscription is required to download the latest version of the software. Owned licenses include 6 months from date of purchase and monthly licenses include lifetime support & upgrades.
If your license does not have a valid support & upgrades subscription and you attempt to install a product version released after your subscription expired, the install process will fail.
Upgrading your help desk between minor versions is as simple as replacing the files and following our 3 step upgrade wizard. Please follow the following steps:
- Take a backup of your database and existing installation files.
- Download the latest version of SupportPal from our downloads area.
Upload the downloaded zip file to your directory and unzip the contents, overwriting existing files.
If you're using macOS or ForkLift FTP client, when uploading directories please select 'Merge' when asked whether you want to replace a directory that already exists.
- Start the upgrade process by visiting the operator panel.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
- Make sure all file permissions are correct and the same as before.
- Remember to clear your cache or do a hard refresh (Ctrl + R on Windows) when accessing the operator panel after completing the upgrade.
- If you've modified any template or language files, please ensure to check over the resource changes in the release notes and update your resources accordingly. More details on making this an easier process with version control can be found in our Templates guide.
- Enjoy the latest version.
Upgrading your help desk to a major version, involves the same procedure as documented above.
We recommend to read the below pages before attempting the upgrade as they document breaking changes that may affect your application: