Often you may find that you are writing similar responses on a number of tickets, canned responses allow you to save predefined messages that can be applied when replying to a ticket.
Searching for Canned Responses
Filtering the table
It's possible to filter responses based on their name and visibility:
- Visit Settings -> Tickets -> Canned Responses and click "Filter Results".
- Search terms:
- Name - It is possible to search for partial names. For example, you could find "Quote Created" by searching for "quot" or "reat".
- Tag - Select a tag from the dropdown to show responses that have that tag.
- Public - If the canned response is available to other operators or only to you.
- The table will be filtered automatically as you enter search terms.
Creating or Updating a Canned Response
To create a new canned response, or update an existing response, please follow the following steps.
- Visit Settings -> Tickets -> Canned Responses. If you're creating a new response click "Add Canned Response", or if you're updating an existing response, find the response and click the edit (pencil) icon on the right side of the table row.
- Complete the input fields:
- Name - The name of the response.
- Response - The content of the response. Merge Fields can be used.
- Tags - Associate tags with the response to act as a way of categorising the tag and making it easier to search when using in tickets.
- Public - If the response can be used by other operators.
- Operator Groups - You can limit the response to only selected operator groups. Only applies if the public field is set to Yes, leaving this field blank will mean the response is available to all operators.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Deleting a Canned Response
To delete a canned response, follow the below steps:
- Visit Settings -> Tickets -> Canned Responses.
- Search for the response you wish to delete (see Searching for Canned Responses).
- Click the delete (cross) icon located on the right of the table.
- Click on the left button, "Yes, Delete Canned Response", that pops up confirming you would like to delete this response and it will now be deleted.