User groups are a way of grouping together related or similar users. The user groups can then be used in filtering, or in macros and SLA plans.
Searching for Groups
By default the table is sorted based on name. Once the table has loaded you're able to change the sort column by clicking the up/down arrows:
- Down arrow: descending order
- Up arrow: ascending order
This action is only temporary and will disappear once the page has been reloaded.
Filtering the table
It's possible to filter groups based on their name and description:
- Visit Settings -> Users -> User Groups and click "Filter Results".
- Search terms:
- Name - It is possible to search for partial names. For example, you could find "Local Clients" by searching for "loca" or "lien".
- Description - The group description.
- The table will be filtered automatically as you enter search terms.
Creating or Updating a Group
To create a new group, or update an existing group, please follow the following steps.
- Visit Settings -> Users -> User Groups. If you're creating a new group click "Add User Group", or if you're updating an existing group, find the group and click the edit (pencil) icon on the right side of the table row.
Complete the input fields:
- Name - The name of the group.
- Description - A description of the group.
- Colour - Give the group a unique colour.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Deleting a Group
Deleting a group will automatically dissociate it from any users within that group.
To delete a group, follow the below steps:
- Visit Settings -> Users -> User Groups.
- Search for the group you wish to delete (see Searching for Groups).
- Click the delete (cross) icon located on the right of the table.
- Click on the left button, "Yes, Delete User Group", that pops up confirming you would like to delete this group and it will now be deleted.