You're browsing the documentation for an old version of SupportPal. Consider upgrading to the latest version.
Open New Ticket
You can open tickets from the operator panel, either on behalf of a user or an internal ticket (consider as an internal request). This can be done by carrying out the following steps:
- Click Tickets -> Open New Ticket.
- Select the department that you wish to open the ticket in.
- Select if the ticket is a user or internal ticket. If it's a user ticket, please either search for an existing user by their name or email, or click "New User" and enter their details.
- Click the "Continue" button.
- Choose the status and priority of the ticket, add tags and if the ticket should be assigned to any operators (default assigned operators will load by default).
- Enter a subject and message for the ticket, you may also add attachments. Any custom fields for this department can also be filled out.
- Choose if you wish to email the user(s) and operators about this ticket. There may be more than one user if the user is part of an organisation.
- Click "Submit", it should redirect to the ticket once it has been created successfully.