Email templates are used when sending emails to both users and operators. Email templates can be localised, and merge fields can be utilised to fill in useful details based on the user or ticket details.
Searching for Email Templates
The email templates are divided into three sections, user, operator and custom. Any new email templates you create are added to the custom section, all pre-existing email templates are split between user and operator depending on who they are sent to.
By default the table is sorted alphabetically. Once the table has loaded you're able to change the sort column by clicking the up/down arrows:
- Down arrow: descending order
- Up arrow: ascending order
This action is only temporary and will disappear once the page has been reloaded.
Filtering the table
A filtering option exists for each section, it's possible to filter email templates based on their name:
- Visit Settings -> Core -> Email Templates, click on the section tab that you would like to filter and click "Filter Results".
- Search terms:
- Name - It is possible to search for partial names. For example, you could find "New ticket reply" by searching for "new" or "eply".
- The table will be filtered automatically as you enter search terms.
Creating or Updating an Email Template
To create a new email template, or update an existing template, please follow the following steps.
- Visit Settings -> Core -> Email Templates. If you're creating a new template click "Add Email Template", or if you're updating an existing template, search for it and click the edit (pencil) icon on the right side of the table row.
- Complete the input fields:
- Name - A name for the template.
Description - A description of what the template is for.
Email ContentThe email template can be localised per brand. All templates must contain a default, subsequent localisations are optional. Outbound emails will determine the correct localisation to use based on the following order: requested brand and localisation, default template for requested brand, default template for requested localisation, global default.
The subject of the email sent in this language.Ticket based email templates require the ticket number to be in the subject for email importing to work correctly. However, if sub-addresses are enabled in the email channel you can remove the ticket number from the subject line.
The content of the email being sent in this language, allowed to use HTML and merge fields. Please remember that the email will be surrounded by the global email header and footer if they have been defined (See Brand Settings).
- Click the "Submit" button.
Deleting an Email Template
The default templates included cannot be deleted as they are crucial to the functionality of the system, however they can be modified. Only custom email templates that have been created by yourselves can be deleted.
To delete a custom email template, follow the below steps:
- Visit Settings -> Core -> Email Templates, and click on the "Custom" tab.
- Search for the template you wish to delete (see Searching for Email Templates).
- Click the delete (cross) icon located on the right of the table.
- Click on the left button, "Yes, Delete Email Template", that pops up confirming you would like to delete this template and it will now be deleted.