You're browsing the documentation for an old version of SupportPal. Consider upgrading to the latest version.
|Release Date||5th January 2018|
|Release Type||Stable - Major|
Please read Upgrading to 2.3 from 2.2 for important changes in this release.
- PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2 support - SupportPal now supports the current stable versions of PHP, requiring ionCube v10 (minimum v10.1 for PHP 7.2) loaders to be installed.
- Forward tickets to third-parties - Whole or part of a ticket, or just a specific message, can now be forwarded directly from the help desk to third-parties. The email can be sent from the department email address or from the operator's own email address (to make the email seem more personal), and the subject and message contents can be edited as needed too. The forward is logged within the ticket and makes it easier to track for all operators.
- Link tickets together - Tickets can now be linked together making it easier to view related tickets. Split tickets are now linked automatically, and a new option to create a new linked ticket based off a specific message has been added.
- All ticket users kept in the loop - If a ticket has CC email addresses, any reply by one of the users (be it the main ticket user or one of the CC users) will email an update to the other users to keep them up to date with what is happening from both sides.
- Dependent custom fields - Custom fields can now depend on another custom field (options type only), displaying only if a specific value is selected.
- Custom field regex validation - Text-based custom field types can now be validated with regex, with the ability to define a custom error message to be shown if the regex does not pass.
- Ticket, user and user organisation custom field conditions - Custom fields can now be used as conditions in the feedback forms, filtering, macros and SLA plans.
- Improved warnings when deleting records - The system now displays improved warnings of what may happen when you delete a record that may trigger the deletion of additional data. For significant (and uncommon to delete) records, such as departments, you will need to check a list of what else will also be deleted before you can complete the deletion.
- Language file changes (from 2.2.0)
- Frontend template changes (from 2.2.0)
- Operator template changes (from 2.2.0)
|Feature||DEV-32||Custom fields can now depend on other custom fields and only show when a certain value has been selected.|
|Feature||DEV-322||Any reply by one of the users on a ticket with CC email addresses will now email an update to the other users.|
|Feature||DEV-720||Ticket, user and user organisation custom field conditions can now be used in feedback forms, filtering, macros and SLA plans.|
|Feature||DEV-811||Text-based custom fields can now have regex validation and a specified error message shown if the regex doesn't pass.|
|Feature||DEV-1166||Tickets can now be linked to other tickets.|
|Feature||DEV-1519||A new linked ticket can now be created from an existing ticket message.|
|Feature||DEV-1635||Ability to forward ticket content to a third-party.|
|Feature||DEV-1704||Added an option to notify users when the registered users only setting is enabled and their email was rejected.|
|Feature||DEV-1719||PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2 support.|
|Feature||DEV-1759||API: Tickets can now be filtered by custom field value.|
|Feature||DEV-1763||API: Installed languages can now be fetched.|
|Feature||DEV-1781||Added support for MariaDB 10.2.|
|Feature||DEV-1783||Added consume all option for remote email piping.|
|Feature||DEV-1789||Added ticket CC conditions and actions for feedback forms, filtering, follow ups, macros and SLA plans.|
|Feature||DEV-1794||Added option to fetch a permalink for a specific ticket message.|
|Improvement||DEV-835||Custom field options can now be re-ordered.|
|Improvement||DEV-1423||Feedback form field types can no longer be changed once feedback has been recorded.|
|Improvement||DEV-1424||A warning is now shown when editing a custom field with options that currently has values in the database already.|
|Improvement||DEV-1472||Attachments are now shown for email queue items and can be deleted.|
|Improvement||DEV-1677||The frontend ticket grid can now be ordered by status.|
|Improvement||DEV-1684||Added a 'check all' option for form sections with multiple checkboxes.|
|Improvement||DEV-1688||Improved warnings when deleting one or multiple records in the system.|
|Improvement||DEV-1732||New languages added to the file system are now disabled by default and need to be enabled.|
|Improvement||DEV-1734||Automatic macros with delete & block or lock actions now handle new ticket email notifications better.|
|Improvement||DEV-1745||Follow up, macro and SLA plan actions can now be re-ordered.|
|Improvement||DEV-1748||Updated pikaday (date picker) so it works better in touch screen browsers.|
|Improvement||DEV-1762||API: Added option to create a ticket on behalf of user as operator.|
|Improvement||DEV-1766||API: Added option to filter ticket messages by message type.|
|Improvement||DEV-1768||API: Ticket message fetching must now include ticket_id.|
|Improvement||DEV-1771||Shows 'not set' for user organisations without language, country or timezone set.|
|Improvement||DEV-1774||Ticket frontend links for old tickets before being merged now point to the new merged ticket.|
|Improvement||DEV-1776||Twitter channel can now handle and post 280 character messages.|
|Improvement||DEV-1778||The 'social_id' column on the ticket message table has been indexed to speed up look ups.|
|Improvement||DEV-1779||The user organisation grid now makes use of the condition system for filtering.|
|Improvement||DEV-1780||The time tracking plugin now shows how many entries there are on loading the ticket and polling updates.|
|Improvement||DEV-1797||Now skips the select a department step on the frontend when submitting a ticket if only one department is available.|
|Improvement||DEV-1800||Facebook channel updated to support strict mode for redirect URIs.|
|Bug||DEV-1572||Fixed invalid validation on database details not allowing '@' in the user field.|
|Bug||DEV-1697||Fixed deleting a user from the manage users grid not recording in the system activity log under certain circumstances.|
|Bug||DEV-1733||Fixed automatic macros with ticket message contains condition not working on new tickets with MySQL 5.6+.|
|Bug||DEV-1736||Fixed being unable to open 'filter results' and 'adjust columns' on certain grid pages.|
|Bug||DEV-1737||Fixed the 'from' email command being ignored for new users when registered users only setting is enabled.|
|Bug||DEV-1738||Improved handling of unicode whitespace characters in email commands.|
|Bug||DEV-1743||Fixed custom fields options being missing after a validation error when creating a new custom field.|
|Bug||DEV-1746||Fixed the 'assign' email command not working in some cases.|
|Bug||DEV-1747||Fixed the reply above line being included in batched emails despite the disable user email replies setting being enabled.|
|Bug||DEV-1749||Fixed invalid URLs being generated in emails when using IIS in some cases.|
|Bug||DEV-1750||Fixed being unable to delete a brand in some cases.|
|Bug||DEV-1751||Fixed not being able to remove operators from operator group edit form.|
|Bug||DEV-1755||Fixed incorrect variables in some email templates.|
|Bug||DEV-1756||Fixed not being able to attach files to notes.|
|Bug||DEV-1761||Removed unnecessary minimum requirement of MariaDB 10.0.0.|
|Bug||DEV-1764||Fixed case-sensitive string comparison resulting in blank messages on some emails.|
|Bug||DEV-1767||Fixed incorrect filtering of tickets under certain conditions.|
|Bug||DEV-1769||Fixed cache not being cleared after creating an operator via LDAP accounts.|
|Bug||DEV-1772||Fixed being unable to unset checkbox type custom fields once set.|
|Bug||DEV-1773||Fixed SQL error stopping activity log entry added when assigning operators to tickets on the ticket grid.|
|Bug||DEV-1775||Fixed plugin and widget routes not working when include locale in URI setting is disabled.|
|Bug||DEV-1777||Fixed fatal error if a macro tries to automatically delete a Twitter or Facebook ticket being imported.|
|Bug||DEV-1784||No longer can create ticket tags in the ticket view without the manage tags permission.|
|Bug||DEV-1786||Fixed large embedded images crashing the email parser.|
|Bug||DEV-1791||Fixed being unable to install when innodb_large_prefix=1 is set.|
|Bug||DEV-1796||Fixed HTML entities showing when showing user notes in ticket view.|
|Bug||DEV-1802||Fixed operators not assigned to ticket brand being notified about ticket updates in some cases.|