To stop abusive users you have the ability of banning an IP address. This will prevent those users (and operators) from being able to access your help desk. You can create two different types of IP bans, a permanent ban which will never expire (unless manually deleted) or a time based ban which will automatically expire after the specified time period.
Searching for IP Bans
By default the table is sorted alphabetically by event. Once the table has loaded you're able to change the sort column by clicking the up/down arrows:
- Down arrow: descending order
- Up arrow: ascending order
This action is only temporary and will disappear once the page has been reloaded.
Filtering the table
It's possible to filter IP Bans based on their IP address:
- Visit Settings -> Core -> IP Bans and click "Filter Results".
- Search terms:
- IP - Partial search for the IP address, for example "127" would find "127.0.0.1".
- The table will be filtered automatically as you enter search terms.
Creating or Updating an IP Ban
To create a new IP ban, or update an existing ban, please follow the following steps.
- Visit Settings -> Core -> IP Bans. If you're creating a new ban click "Add IP Ban", or if you're updating an existing ban, search for it and click the edit (pencil) icon on the right side of the table row.
- Complete the input fields:
- Event - Control which events the IP ban applies to.
- IP - The user's IP address that you would like to ban - ensure there's no additional whitespace.
- Reason - Optionally describe why the IP address has been banned for future reference.
- Permanent - Optionally permanently ban the ip address.
- Expiry Time - If the IP address has not been permanently banned, you can specify the expiry time. Use the calendar to select a date in the future, and a time in 24 hour format.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Deleting an IP Ban
To delete an IP ban, follow the below steps:
- Visit Settings -> Core -> IP Ban.
- Search for the IP ban you wish to delete (see Searching for IP Bans).
- Click the delete (cross) icon located on the right of the table.
- Click on the left button, "Yes, Delete IP Ban", that pops up confirming you would like to delete this IP ban and it will now be deleted.