You're browsing the documentation for an old version of SupportPal. Consider upgrading to the latest version.
|Release Date||12th September 2016|
|Release Type||Stable - Minor|
- Enable SSL option enforced everywhere - If SSL is enabled in the general settings, it will now only allow access via HTTPS for the frontend, operator panel and API, with an automatic redirect if you access the frontend or operator panel via HTTP. Therefore the 'force SSL for operators' option has been removed as this is now automatic. If you are using the API or WHMCS integration, please ensure to use the secure version of your website for the system URL for it to continue working as normal.
- System URL used more consistently in emails - The system URL (set in general settings) is now more consistently used when sending emails to users and operators. Please ensure this is set correctly and make sure to update if you change your domain in the future.
- Trusted hosts - To prevent unvalidated redirects when logging in to the frontend and operator panels, we have implemented a trusted hosts list. By default, only the same host as you're logging in to is permitted. Please read adding trusted hosts, for more information.
Ticket view changes - Due to performance issues when loading tickets containing several larges messages, several changes have been made to the frontend and operator ticket view. For details on tuning this functionality, please read App Configuration.
- Messages that are greater than 102KiB are now loaded on demand via AJAX.
- Messages that are greater than 102KiB that are not loaded via AJAX are now clipped. A "View entire message" link is appended to bottom of the message which loads the message in a new window.
- Improved canned response searching - The add canned response popup in the ticket view has been completely redesigned to make searching for a response easier and more useful. Up to 10 commonly used or recent responses are shown by default and ordered by your own choice. Tags can also be assigned to canned responses, and can be used when searching for responses. Canned responses can now also be added when opening a new ticket, but the use of ticket merge fields will provide blank values.
- Default reply options - You can now personally select what reply options are and aren't selected by default when responding to a ticket. The option is available under the Ticket Settings tab in your personal settings.
- Turn off notifications for organisation managers - Some organisation managers may wish to not be emailed about updates on other organisation user's tickets. A global option has been added to the User General Settings to set a default, and an option also exists in the profile for each user (that is a manager of an organisation). The manager can also choose their preference in their profile in the frontend.
- Mass email improvements - The option to email all users and add attachments has been added to mass emails. It will now also show an estimated time to send all emails.
- Separated permissions for managing users and operators - Previously managing operators was covered by the managing user permissions, it now has it's own permission and can be disabled for certain roles.
- Save notes on users - It's now possible to save operator-only notes for each user in their profile.
- Update ticket custom field value action - An action has been added that allows the updating of a custom field value on a ticket. This action can be used in follow ups, macros and SLA escalation rules.
- Ticket grid default direction - It's now possible to show results ascending or descending by default.
- Disable organisations - If you only deal with consumers, you may not need to show the organisation option on the frontend to your users. A setting has been added to User General Settings -> Organisations that will completely hide it from the interface and stop all functionality related to organisations.
Many of the changes in the links below are switching from using the
asset function to
asset_rev for our asset files, a custom function which appends the version number to the file URL. This means files are always fetched fresh when upgrading to a new version, as cached files can commonly affect functionality.
- Language file changes (from 2.0.2)
- Frontend template changes (from 2.0.2)
- Operator template changes (from 2.0.2)
|Feature||DEV-452||Set default reply options for tickets personally.|
|Feature||DEV-593||Option to disable notifications for organisation managers.|
|Feature||DEV-721||Option to update ticket custom field values as an action.|
|Feature||DEV-726||API - Added option to download self-service article attachment.|
|Feature||DEV-879||Added option to disable organisations.|
|Improvement||DEV-331||Can now add attachments to mass emails.|
|Improvement||DEV-517||Dynamically load large ticket messages in ticket view.|
|Improvement||DEV-616||Improved searching for canned responses.|
|Improvement||DEV-634||Now storing more information on why an email was rejected, and viewable in the log via a tooltip.|
|Improvement||DEV-661||Using the system URL more consistently in emails.|
|Improvement||DEV-668||Added the option to email all users in mass email.|
|Improvement||DEV-670||API - Added option to store user IP on adding ticket or ticket message.|
|Improvement||DEV-689||Added option to disallow replies by email for certain departments.|
|Improvement||DEV-694||Added a description field option for custom fields.|
|Improvement||DEV-701||Make use of asset versioning to reduce effect of cache when upgrading.|
|Improvement||DEV-704||The cron job will check if an upgrade is pending before running.|
|Improvement||DEV-705||Added button to show CC option on ticket view frontend.|
|Improvement||DEV-722||Automatically deletes actions and conditions where the related value has been deleted.|
|Improvement||DEV-723||Added option to change the ticket grid order direction.|
|Improvement||DEV-730||Improved performance of mass emails when sending to a large number of users.|
|Improvement||DEV-731||Redirect to login when attempting to view a protected self-service article unauthenticated.|
|Improvement||DEV-760||Validated login redirects to trusted hosts only.|
|Improvement||DEV-765||Enable SSL option now forces SSL throughout the system.|
|Improvement||DEV-779||Links in ticket messages now open in new windows by default.|
|Improvement||DEV-798||The session expired page is now more friendly.|
|Improvement||DEV-806||Added option to expand and collapse all messages at once.|
|Improvement||DEV-807||Added option to unassign operators and remove tags from the ticket grid.|
|Improvement||DEV-809||Can now save operator-only notes on a user's profile.|
|Improvement||DEV-817||Can now add tags to canned responses.|
|Improvement||DEV-825||Added a web channel setting to not append IP address to user replies.|
|Improvement||DEV-826||Consume all option will try to route to other departments first if no matching email is found.|
|Improvement||DEV-862||Added option to add tags when opening new ticket via operator panel.|
|Improvement||DEV-864||The specific follow up time will now display when loading a ticket that has a follow up set.|
|Improvement||DEV-874||Searching for users is now limited to maximum 20 results at once for performance.|
|Improvement||DEV-880||Added option to add canned response to open new ticket page.|
|Improvement||DEV-903||Reduced the memory used by the last ticket replier condition.|
|Improvement||DEV-910||Automatically fills in the system URL in the installer.|
|Improvement||DEV-911||Separated user and operator permissions.|
|Improvement||DEV-920||Added 'none' option for ticket tag condition.|
|Bug||DEV-678||Handle inactive tickets task can time out when handling too many tickets at once.|
|Bug||DEV-690||Select all checkbox on ticket grid stays ticked after an action.|
|Bug||DEV-693||Reply line not included on custom department email templates.|
|Bug||DEV-695||Email operator option not available on tickets where a department email isn't set.|
|Bug||DEV-699||Canned responses preview incorrectly includes the global email header and footer.|
|Bug||DEV-703||SupportPal announcements widget shows times in UTC rather than your chosen timezone.|
|Bug||DEV-709||Handle if the incorrect permissions are set for Facebook accounts.|
|Bug||DEV-710||An ellipsis is added to textarea when quoting a message which itself has a quoted section.|
|Bug||DEV-711||Handle exception raised when using the wrong number of segments with SimpleAuth.|
|Bug||DEV-718||Updated libraries affected by Httpoxy vulnerability.|
|Bug||DEV-733||Unable to uninstall plugins via operator panel.|
|Bug||DEV-746||Private messages unread count can sometimes include messages that you aren't involved in.|
|Bug||DEV-754||A number of hardcoded English strings in the reports section.|
|Bug||DEV-759||Some HTML entities in the first 100 characters of a message prevents visibility of it in the ticket view.|
|Bug||DEV-761||Login redirect URL is reset if you fail to login.|
|Bug||DEV-774||Unable to change the Inbox filter in certain circumstances.|
|Bug||DEV-781||Incorrect activity log user set when a feedback form is sent.|
|Bug||DEV-789||HTMLPurifier exception on images that are smaller than 12 bytes.|
|Bug||DEV-812||HipChat/Slack notifications show old status on replies.|
|Bug||DEV-829||Ticket grid filter conditions don't update when URL filter is used.|
|Bug||DEV-832||HTML in comments are converted to entities when replying as operator.|
|Bug||DEV-844||Avatars are imported as attachments when replying via Thunderbird.|
|Bug||DEV-845||Incorrect permission checking for php-ldap.|
|Bug||DEV-846||Unable to bind to LDAP server by default, requires changing protocol version.|
|Bug||DEV-851||Special characters in plain text emails are interpreted as HTML.|
|Bug||DEV-873||Send email to operator group action doesn't work with ticket merge fields.|
|Bug404.html||DEV-881||Ticket grid sidebar shows blank space in department section when not assigned to any departments.|
|Bug||DEV-884||Unable to delete users from organisation in operator panel.|
|Bug||DEV-898||HTML entity issue in several places in the operator panel.|
|Bug||DEV-921||'Is not' conditions still picking up tickets when it has multiple values.|