Post notifications in a room in HipChat on selected ticket actions. HipChat is a group messaging application for businesses.
Activating, Deactivating and Uninstalling
To activate the plugin, visit Plugins and click on 'activate' under the HipChat Notifications plugin name. The plugin must not currently be activated.
Deactivating the plugin will stop it from functioning but keep your existing settings saved. To deactivate the plugin, visit Plugins and click on 'deactivate' under the HipChat Notifications plugin name. The plugin must already be activated beforehand.
Uninstalling the plugin will remove the settings from your system and also delete the plugin completely. We recommend to use the deactivate option instead, unless you have absolutely no need for this plugin. To uninstall the plugin, visit Plugins and click on 'uninstall' under the HipChat Notifications plugin name.
To configure the plugin, visit Plugins and click on 'Settings' under the HipChat Notifications plugin name. The plugin must already be activated beforehand.
The following settings are available for configuration:
- API URL - The URL for your HipChat installation API, this defaults to https://api.hipchat.com, which is valid for all hosted HipChat users. This value only needs to be changed by those who use HipChat Server, which is hosted on your own server.
- Room ID - The ID of the room that the notifications are posted in. This can be found by going to Group Admin -> Rooms, clicking on the room name and taking the API ID value.
- Room Token - A token is required for the room to post notifications to it. This can be set up by going to Group Admin -> Rooms, clicking on the room name and then clicking Tokens in the sidebar. The 'Send Notification' scope is required on your token.
The plugin may connect to multiple HipChat rooms, where one can be configured for each brand you have. If you have more than one brand, the default tab should contain the details of your main room, which will be used for any brands where authentication is not configured.
- Trigger On - The events on which a notification is posted to your HipChat room.
- Departments - Select the departments for in which tickets will trigger notifications on the above setting actions.
- Message Colour - The colour of the message in HipChat, from a range of possible colours.
- User Notification - If users in the room are notified when the notification is posted, this could include playing a sound, a mobile notification, and more based on your notification settings.